Looking for ideas but crappy picture

scubasteve80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get an angle on this so just looking for ideas. There is frequently a long hair line thing coming from a zoa cluster. I believe it is encased in a hard tube, but hard to be certain. I can't see it or get a good pic. Anyone know of a small creature that might feed using this method?
20200216_134928.jpg

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermitd, they send out a mucus line to catch food from the water column. If You can get to it put a drop of coral glue over the opening, thatll get rid of it.

OP
OP
scubasteve80

scubasteve80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermitd, they send out a mucus line to catch food from the water column. If You can get to it put a drop of coral glue over the opening, thatll get rid of it.
You two were right. I pulled of the colony and found it. I didn't know what these things were but I caught him and clipped his butt off my frag. Thanks for the help! This was a new piece and he was an unwelcome hitch hiker and hopefully this thing didn't shoot out and babies in the couple days he was in my display.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back