Looking for info! Help needed

GulfCoast251

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay! So I have a cylced marine tank that's still relatively new (four months)...

240 gallon grow out tank for bamboo shark. Banded cat shark. Lionfish, harlequin Tusk and a snowflake eel

Ordered a 72x72x31 tank from glass cages for the two sharks as they will be housed their in about six months

With that said. Trying to keep nitrates down as obviously have a decent bio load with the way these fish eat

I have two FX6s, a Ecoreef 400 sump with three chambers

First chamber has Reef Octopus 220 and a Bio Pellet Reactor (installed today). Refugium has a little live rock at the moment. And bought some macro algae (chaeto) to add with live rock. But someone told me with that and the reactor I could pull too much out of my tank??

Is this true. Am I good? Should I use the algae or not lol. And any cons to using it. Trying to keep nitrates down as low as possible for sharks

IMG_7697.jpeg IMG_7695.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what your nitrate levels are and where you're trying to maintain them. I know with sharks you want them very low. You can always opt to keep the chaeto and just run the reactor as needed.

OP
OP
GulfCoast251

GulfCoast251

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what your nitrate levels are and where you're trying to maintain them. I know with sharks you want them very low. You can always opt to keep the chaeto and just run the reactor as needed.
So is using them both a no no?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back