Looking for inspiration for my upcoming build

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all. I have learned a lot on R2R in the last several months and I am honing in on what my equipment and livestock list will be. I am looking for a little inspiration of FTS shots to get some ideas for aquascape and coral placements. My display tank goals are as follows:
1. I have access to a 180 gal tank and want to do a split display
2. 120 gal will be a mix reef of all types of corals and some macro algae, nothing in particular to be dominate, just a little of everything. Likewise the fish and inverts will be some big (leaning towards a Rock Beauty and Blue Caribbean Tang, yellows are a bit pricey right now) a school of blue-green chromis and some other singular/ paired fish for color. This tank is not planned to be stuffed full of corals but to have a nice balance of coral color, rock, and swim space.
3. The 60 gal side will be a dedicated sea horse build and include some equally slow docile fish like pipe fish, etc. and an assortment of corals or sponges specifically selected for them. Ditto from above regarding balance of coral and swim space.

As stated would love to see pics of your tanks (particularly seahorse tanks) of similar sizes and livestock for aquascape inspiration. I have tried looking thru build threads but with all the side bars you can get lost pretty easy.

Thanks in advance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Rock beauty will quickly stop eating and starve.

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @vetteguy53081 for the info, missed noting their dietary need of sponge. Have you ever used angelfish specific food? Guess no angels than as the others I am interested in are either not a good fit with other tank mates, too large, or too $$$. Looked at your 135 build again, no new updates on fish?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,i have a few old pics to share of split tank,have to find them.. ;Facepalm ..following now,here's an old pic,seahorse tank.:)
WP_20180622_10_56_02_Pro (1).jpg

not the best ...but more soon...:cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks @vetteguy53081 for the info, missed noting their dietary need of sponge. Have you ever used angelfish specific food? Guess no angels than as the others I am interested in are either not a good fit with other tank mates, too large, or too $$$. Looked at your 135 build again, no new updates on fish?
Yes- hikari angel formula

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back