Looking for live camera for fish tank while on vacation.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It's a service provider and not something shady, you can read a statement they issued about it. I was worried as well but once I learned what was happening I wasnt anymore.
I actually bought 2 and have then up now. I wand too worried. Everything else is watching and listening to us anyways.
 
I have YI brand as well. I never heard of them before, which worried me...but I’d buy again in a heartbeat
 
Wyze and Yi are good budget brands. I believe Yi first got their start making GoPro copies. The more expensive brands will have more features, better support and stability. Most will be using ultra wide angle lenses so there will be quite a bit of barrel distrotion, especially if the camera is placed close to the tank. The better brands will have some kind of correction in their software to reduce this. Not all have support for viewing from a web browser. The Wyze v2 I have does not support this but a work around is using the app Tinycam to run a webserver.

Do note that for the ones that can be reached from the outside without any router configurating are sending the video feed to their servers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new