Looking for live rock

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you looking for? Do you just need something to seed another tank?

I took some rock out of my main tank a while back and put it into a smaller tank that has circulation and moderate T-5 lighting. No fish or inverts. Several rocks sprouted sponges--elongated white "finger" sponges that climb the rock. They're different than the encrusting yellow sponges I have on the rocks in my main display tank. The removed rocks will be utilized when I upgrade tanks, but I can spare a rock or two. I'm always looking for frags if you have something to trade. I can check tonight to see what's in there as I don't really check that tank very often and can post a pic or two of these.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you looking for? Do you just need something to seed another tank?

I took some rock out of my main tank a while back and put it into a smaller tank that has circulation and moderate T-5 lighting. No fish or inverts. Several rocks sprouted sponges--elongated white "finger" sponges that climb the rock. They're different than the encrusting yellow sponges I have on the rocks in my main display tank. The removed rocks will be utilized when I upgrade tanks, but I can spare a rock or two. I'm always looking for frags if you have something to trade. I can check tonight to see what's in there as I don't really check that tank very often and can post a pic or two of these.
PM sent

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of live rock. Decided to take some rock out of my tank when I moved. Has been in the bucket with a heater and circulation pump since then. No spomges though.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back