Looking for Magnificent Shrimp Gobies

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost the Yasha Haze Goby I had for two years due to a tumor or granuloma a few months back. I'd like to get my lonely Randall's Pistol Shrimp a new life partner or two. While I'm contemplating another Yasha, I was wondering if I would have any luck finding Magnificent Shrimp Gobies (Flabelligobius sp). Does anyone know of any online retailers that carry these? I just moved to North Carolina and am not yet familiar with the LFS scene here.

g001-2a.jpg

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty rare in the trade lately. A few years ago they were coming in about every two or three months but they completely stopped until last year when they were imported only once as far as I know. If they do come in anytime soon, they will be expensive!

ArcKatana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluezoo had some, looks like they just have flaming prawn gobies now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mirya

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty rare in the trade lately. A few years ago they were coming in about every two or three months but they completely stopped until last year when they were imported only once as far as I know. If they do come in anytime soon, they will be expensive!

Yeah, I figure they won't be cheap, but I think I'm ready to step up into some more rare fish. I don't have many fish at all, I collect far more coral. So I figure why not if I can get my hands on some. :)

Bluezoo had some, looks like they just have flaming prawn gobies now.

I see that have white cap gobies too right now. I had forgotten about Bluezoo. I'll keep my eye on them. Thanks!

Hey that's good that you are trying to find Magnificent Shrimp Gobies! Why you moved to North Carolina and how do you like there? Sometimes big stores can recommend you where you can find particular fish! Try it ))

Moved here for work. I like it so far! But maybe that is because there is a cold snap right now and I'm originally from the Midwest. ;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back