• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i know that this a long shot, because this coral is a lesser known, and lesser popular LPS, but... ive been searching for a very long time.

if anyone has, or knows where i can find moseleya coral (moseleya latistella), preferably in colonies, please reach out to me!

pictures below are just examples and representations of what im looking for.

moseleya-latistella-neon-green-5.jpg

IMG_1237-1024x683.jpg

img_8022.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpg

cplc-3560.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey!

I wanna say I got mine from Aqua SD. I’d send them a message or email directly
yeahhh— ive gotten about 10+ from them, but... am looking for more. :) currently they only have small frag sized pieces. im looking for a good sized colony. lol.

tlips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeahhh— ive gotten about 10+ from them, but... am looking for more. :) currently they only have small frag sized pieces. im looking for a good sized colony. lol.
My buddy found this one wholesale

Attachments

• 93E32CFD-D64A-4859-860E-8082CF8077C4.jpeg
    93E32CFD-D64A-4859-860E-8082CF8077C4.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 52

Gretchacha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was just searching for what this coral was while I was shopping The Coral Farm and found your thread. I am still not sure what it is. Does it have long sweepers?

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

I was just searching for what this coral was while I was shopping The Coral Farm and found your thread. I am still not sure what it is. Does it have long sweepers?
i wouldnt say that they're "long"? but they do let out sweepers at night. they're a pretty cool, and lesser-popular LPS coral that i find really interesting and unique! :D i guess you could say that i love the "weird" stuff. lol.

you could consider them similar to a favia, or gonastrea coral, or even like a more "hilly" chalice? they have a skeleton structure that grows horizontally (usually on the sand bed), that is covered in soft, colorful tissue, with mouths at the center of each "crater".

realwizer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten some Moseleya from AquaSD and WWC. My favorite right now:

FrostbiteMoseleya_12142023_Small.jpg

I caught this guy sending out a 3-4 inch sweeper to a scoly, and was devouring it. Luckily I saved the scoly and now keep a safe distance.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them! I got a gorgeous one from my LFS in Lutz/ land o lakes fl. About 8 miles north of Tampa. She usually always has them so If you are close. I dont think she ships. Her name is Whats In Your Tank

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 62 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back