OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I'll probably go with a Blueface and possible look at a Naso in the future as well.

Mufasa31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had a tank that size, I would strongly consider an emperor angel fish. However, def could create issues with the other angels.
I always wanted to have an adult clown trigger, but it seems like a waste of a large tank to house a semi aggressive trigger.

findad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote for a Goldflake Angel. I would come visit, just to see it cause I am pretty sure I will never have one.

Everything mentioned would be great additions

99taws6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a large powder blue in my big tank with 3 yellow, 1 hippo, 1 tomini and 1 purple and he was no issue at all. I do like the naso as well.

Triggers would be my vote now that i have had a few (pinktail, humu an Niger). Bluethroat have been asking to be my next purchase. Lol

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote for a Goldflake Angel. I would come visit, just to see it cause I am pretty sure I will never have one.

Everything mentioned would be great additions

I will have a Goldflake in this tank for sure., regardless if its a large one or not. I've almost purchased one several times already, haha.

m6teenbam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have a Goldflake in this tank for sure., regardless if its a large one or not. I've almost purchased one several times already, haha.

i think by far the one fish i saw from all the suggestions on this thread that would be a beautiful center piece is the RHINECANTHUS trigger, aka wedge tail triggerfish. ITS beautiful
wedge tail trigger fish.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think by far the one fish i saw from all the suggestions on this thread that would be a beautiful center piece is the RHINECANTHUS trigger, aka wedge tail triggerfish. ITS beautiful
wedge tail trigger fish.jpg

Thanks, never heard of or seen one before but they are very nice looking. I don't even see a description for them on the popular fish sites.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bro, it'll have to be an angel that you cannot have on a reef. in the very far future, I'll have a big tank (300g+) that will house some nice tangs and angels. :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bro, it'll have to be an angel that you cannot have on a reef. in the very far future, I'll have a big tank (300g+) that will house some nice tangs and angels. :)

Thanks Marvin. I think I'm going to pickup a Blueface and then a Naso as well. LADD is supposed to have a blonde Naso tonight so I might think about getting that one. At least he does't have to go in my QT as thats the only place I trust to not quarantine....probably should still do it but....

I want a big Blueface, but I also want to be able to see the change from juv colors to adult colors. I'm gonna try to find a big juvenile, haha

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin. I think I'm going to pickup a Blueface and then a Naso as well. LADD is supposed to have a blonde Naso tonight so I might think about getting that one. At least he don't have to go in my QT as thats the only place I trust to not quarantine....probably should still do it but....

I want a big Blueface, but I also want to be able to see the change from juv colors to adult colors. I'm gonna try to find a big juvenile, haha
good deal. how many fishes are on QT atm?

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 6 fish in QT right now.

2 x Eightline Flasher
2 x Lamarks Angel - both female
2 x Tiny Damsels

I'm actually dropping salinity to go to hypo so it would be hard to acclimate a tang straight from the bag to hypo that fast as well.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 6 fish in QT right now.

2 x Eightline Flasher
2 x Lamarks Angel - both female
2 x Tiny Damsels

I'm actually dropping salinity to go to hypo so it would be hard to acclimate a tang straight from the bag to hypo that fast as well.
I say hold off for a few weeks before adding another fish so you can QT. when I get a chance to re do my system, I'll definitely have a station just for QT, probably a 40g breeder (48x18x18). I think that's a 40g. LoL. I'd never QT anything before and now that I have the clowns settling in, I don't wanna risk adding a new fish and wiping out my boys. haha. some of you guys that have QT's set up already are very wise. right now, I have set up a nano the same time as I made the switch to a clownfish/anemone tank. good thing I had that running and saved me the headache on dealing with the 8 Line in the DT. I originally had it set up just in case any of the clowns need to be rescued from the bullies. ;)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point...patience isn't my best quality sometimes, haha. Hopefully in 2-3 weeks I'll be done with hypo and the QT will be free.

FWIW, my QT is a 40B with a 20L for a sump. I'm running an MP10 for flow, and have a SRO-1000 in the sump. I'm using filter socks and have an AquaClear 70 with the inTank media basket to run carbon. Its a display setup in itself but was done on purpose to keep the QT going long term.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point...patience isn't my best quality sometimes, haha. Hopefully in 2-3 weeks I'll be done with hypo and the QT will be free.

FWIW, my QT is a 40B with a 20L for a sump. I'm running an MP10 for flow, and have a SRO-1000 in the sump. I'm using filter socks and have an AquaClear 70 with the inTank media basket to run carbon. Its a display setup in itself but was done on purpose to keep the QT going long term.
nice, that's what I plan to do to.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, I almost bought one of those LED setups in the FS section the other day for my QT. I'm retarded :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back