• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for Nano Conches?

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am in Los Angeles, CA and am looking for Nano Conches (Strombus Maculatus). They are small conch snails that grow max 1/2” and are said to be great for clean up crew as well as breed frequently in the home aquarium. I have only seen threads that are a few years old on this site listing them for sale. If anyone has any or knows any info on acquiring some, please comment below so I can buy some. Thank you!

919CCD70-BAE6-4261-BFE0-852FE7E7BE2E.jpeg

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same location ish. I am looking for these as well, did you ever find some?

sorry! I had no luck but I don’t think I looked hard enough. we should apply our efforts to find some. I saw some users were selling these before because they had so many extra from their tank breeding .

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them, but I'm trying to grow the population right now. If I get to a point where I feel like I can sell some I can let you know. I'm in WA btw.

that would be awesome if you could. I’d pay for Them plus shipping of course. I’d only need 4 I think To start my population whenever you have 4 to sell. I’ve honestly been searching for these for about 3+ years so if you could one day sell me some, that would be a miracle.

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be awesome if you could. I’d pay for Them plus shipping of course. I’d only need 4 I think To start my population whenever you have 4 to sell. I’ve honestly been searching for these for about 3+ years so if you could one day sell me some, that would be a miracle.
Ok I'll let you know! There's a ton of eggs right now, so hopefully it won't be long.

Coeurdenuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

they were being sold by ipsf.com out in Hawaii 20 years ago but theyre no longer listed for sale in their packs. The link has description of the nano conch we are looking for. I don’t think they answer their phone or 3mail, you just order and it arrives
IPSF is very communicative. Shoot them an email and ask if they have any available!

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them, but I'm trying to grow the population right now. If I get to a point where I feel like I can sell some I can let you know. I'm in WA btw.
Not to highjack the thread. I would also pay for a shipment of 4. If you don’t mind keeping me in mind as well.

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry! I had no luck but I don’t think I looked hard enough. we should apply our efforts to find some. I saw some users were selling these before because they had so many extra from their tank breeding .
Been looking, if I find some. I’ll be sure to let you know!! I have a LFS looking for me as well.

jordan9095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a few in my tank from IPSF. that is the only place i know to order them from. they are on their facebook store -https://www.facebook.com/Indo-Pacific-Sea-Farms-138125332882391/app/149696141763776

shipping is delayed for a few weeks last time i tried ordering & now have to pick up at a fedex location because of COVID

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a few in my tank from IPSF. that is the only place i know to order them from. they are on their facebook store -https://www.facebook.com/Indo-Pacific-Sea-Farms-138125332882391/app/149696141763776

shipping is delayed for a few weeks last time i tried ordering & now have to pick up at a fedex location because of COVID

i am up north from you, not too far. If you have 4 that you could sell me, I’d pay you good money to come pick 4 up.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Micaeltercer good luck I've been looking for some myself these are og inverts for the coc!you dont see these guys outta Hawaii too much anymore you gotta find a plug on the big island!

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Micaeltercer i know it's not the same but reefcleaners.com offers other species of nano conch excluding strombus maculatus for sale via inquiry

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Micaeltercer i know it's not the same but reefcleaners.com offers other species of nano conch excluding strombus maculatus for sale via inquiry

the site says you receive random conches, most of which will end up being tiger conches , not to say tiger conches suck. I have two in my tank and they are hard workers, but me like a lot of us are looking for small conches that can climb the rockwork and glass

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back