looking for reidi seahorses CB

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dashiki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
52
Location
Cape Cod
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like the title says. I just set up a 60 cube and looking for red/yellow reidi seahorses. I called seahorsesource and they said non for four months. any other places?
 
I thought I saw them on Live Aquaria at some point. You could try Ocean Rider, but I have ZERO experience with them and think they are a bit pricey.
 
What would you recommend for a first time seahorse keeper. I looked at ocean rider too. I was leaning toward reidi because geographically they come from warm water. The horses will be kept in a gorgonian and lps tank.
 
I would recommend h. erectus or h. kuda. They are somewhat easy to find and eat well from the beginning. They do best when kept in tanks that are under 75 degrees.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new