Looking for some help from the Anemone ID experts.

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a handful of Anemones that I need to ID. Well technically only one as they are all clones from the original from about 8 years ago. The anemone came from Coral Collection. The anemone is my avatar. Over the years I've even supplied CC with them. Looking to get rid of some as I will be over run shortly. So trying to find out exactly what I have. Will post some pics shortly. Thank you!

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on your profile picture it looks like a rose/red bubble tip anemone.
rbta.jpg
rbta2.jpg

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photography and lighting have a lot to do with color in images. Honestly just looks like a nice rainbow. They usually sell around me 20-40 hobbyist / 40-60 retail. Put a price on them and the market will determine the value. Good luck.

OP
OP
Mykesocalreef

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found this google image. This is a clone of my anemone. Obviously my Iphone doesn't produce the same quality or color. I would guess some enhancement could be possible as well.
1574286130784.png

Juliekerley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a handful of Anemones that I need to ID. Well technically only one as they are all clones from the original from about 8 years ago. The anemone came from Coral Collection. The anemone is my avatar. Over the years I've even supplied CC with them. Looking to get rid of some as I will be over run shortly. So trying to find out exactly what I have. Will post some pics shortly. Thank you!

How much are you looking to get for them? I may be interested in buying one from you. They are beautiful.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like with CSBs, if you don't know the lineage, it can't be called anything but a BTA. While it's nice that it came from Coral Collection, without proof that it was purchased as something like a CC Supernova or CC Inferno, then it's just a BTA. :confused:

Do you have a photo of the foot? If it's marbled, then you have something special.

OP
OP
Mykesocalreef

Mykesocalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like with CSBs, if you don't know the lineage, it can't be called anything but a BTA. While it's nice that it came from Coral Collection, without proof that it was purchased as something like a CC Supernova or CC Inferno, then it's just a BTA. :confused:

Do you have a photo of the foot? If it's marbled, then you have something special.
Pink and white marbling yes. I’ll have to get a pic when I can.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back