Looking for some helpful advice on sumps for RedSea Max E-170.

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a RedSea Max-E170 and was looking to purchase a sump for the tank. Was wondering what everyone though about the sumps that RedSea put’s out for their tanks or if anyone had any other recommendations on any other companies putting out some quality sumps.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a RedSea Max-E170 and was looking to purchase a sump for the tank. Was wondering what everyone though about the sumps that RedSea put’s out for their tanks or if anyone had any other recommendations on any other companies putting out some quality sumps.

From what I have seen, the sumps are glass and built to fit the cabinets that Red Sea sells and if you have the cabinet the Red Sea sump would be a great fit. If you are going with a different cabinet, then you would have to find a sump first that fits, the look for what you would like. For example a sump that would fit a skimmer size that you would like then if you want to go with a referendum and so on.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same system. Went with a skimz sump "sump pro21" i believe. Takes up the whole room and had to remount the power box inside cabnet

SaltyEyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its worth the investment. I have room for a refugium and phosphate reactor after removing the power center.
First Installed
1lDY-boTKGmYzQf6hFs2pU97wNNa8HkQ

My attempt at integrating a refugium in the sump (it can be done but space is limited)
1jzhxXQESeljbIIHJa1uJe1w5bQwyfKY

My current set up works perfect.
1gSOz7K2tbdcFdZZylvh-aUybloM2EjE

Christopher Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its worth the investment. I have room for a refugium and phosphate reactor after removing the power center.
First Installed
1lDY-boTKGmYzQf6hFs2pU97wNNa8HkQ

My attempt at integrating a refugium in the sump (it can be done but space is limited)
1jzhxXQESeljbIIHJa1uJe1w5bQwyfKY

My current set up works perfect.
1gSOz7K2tbdcFdZZylvh-aUybloM2EjE
SaltyEyes, if you are still active, can you repost those pictures (they're not showing up)...we are about get a sump for our E-170 and would love to see your attempts/successes at a refugium... thanks -chris

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back