Looking for Sump DIY Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter kg117
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kg117

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
la
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached is what I have so far, first section will be live rock second will be skimmer then bubble trap and return pump. In the section where I will have the live rock is it necessary that I put in filter socks or some type of media?
sump.jpg
 
I don't run a sock .I did when I was cycling but changing was a chore if you do clean it a lot and I just put my media in the sock .also I saw some canister that you put in where your sock goes and it looked cool not sure if there anygood anybody used these?
 
Ideally the filter sock is the first form of mechnical filtration and should keep majority of debris from going back to main tank. A filter sock of 100-200 micron will do fine.
 
So I can attach a sock on the feed coming into the compartment with the live rock?
 
I have a sock on my down tube in the same "section" as my skimmer, Then a section for cheeto etc... then bubble trap. as long as you clean your socks every 3 days or so you should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new