Looking for Tyree purple monster acro.

Justjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a 20+ year reefer who lost his last piece of this acro during a 3 day no power event. If any old school lover can direct me to a piece, it would be greatly appreciated. Slow growing sps isn’t easy to find or popular apparently.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure someone here will pm you. Just make sure it’s legit. Threads on this coral are littered with look a likes. In my area it’s really not around much anymore. A few frags growing out in some tanks but not many colonies. I was lucky enough to pick up the last chunk that came from the one seller who always had frags in my area. I am afraid this coral will be very rare in the future especially with the interest of most reefers going to corals that look good under blue light only. The true rare corals and color variants aren’t even of interest much anymore :( Good luck!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, it's kinda crazy when you think about it. I've been in the hobby since the 80's and the trends of the past two decades (really the last ten years) have been insane. Purple monster is on the my top five list right now to acquire, so I wish you luck and hope you find a frag. Keep us posted.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely agree on being careful who you buy from. There is a member on R2R selling fakes pretty regularly. He got me unfortunately. Ended up trashing the coral and have since got 2 that are definitely legit.

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where are you located? I know a guy in Southern California who has a colony and sold me a Frag. He doesn’t ship though is the catch if you aren’t local.

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a 20+ year reefer who lost his last piece of this acro during a 3 day no power event. If any old school lover can direct me to a piece, it would be greatly appreciated. Slow growing sps isn’t easy to find or popular apparently.
Ask me in a few years, Jim. Lol

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loa has it on the site for 200 for 3/4”

That’s about the price it’s going for now. I also have one of the Solomon Island PMs coming from Unique soon. I’m hoping to grow them right next to each other and be able to compare them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back