Looking forward to my first reef tank!

Hello & Welcome!
IMG_1906.jpeg
 
So many beauties out there! Acanthophyllia and torch corals are catching my eye rn. What are your faves?
good ones.

I love zoas and some sps coral and have recently gotten into acropora. Love torches but amy tank wasn’t ready for them when i tried them. I do plan to get one but with sps in there, i have to be careful with the high flow
 
good ones.

I love zoas and some sps coral and have recently gotten into acropora. Love torches but amy tank wasn’t ready for them when i tried them. I do plan to get one but with sps in there, i have to be careful with the high flow
Ugh, I haven’t given much thought to flow rate. Mine is currently at the highest setting for good filtration but I’m learning that isn’t good for some corals. Balance is key I’m learning, and that can be tricky to find sometimes!

Acropora are really cool.
 
Ugh, I haven’t given much thought to flow rate. Mine is currently at the highest setting for good filtration but I’m learning that isn’t good for some corals. Balance is key I’m learning, and that can be tricky to find sometimes!

Acropora are really cool.
that’s why “mixed reefs” are tricky. High flow is usually not good for Euphyllia.

funny thing is that i used to think people were crazy when they would obsess over them. Now im slowly becoming one of them.
I am getting rid of some basic red acans and can give you a nice deal on them if interested.
 
I’ll let you know - thanks!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new