Looking into Salt water

Wuvarien

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
37
Location
U.K
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

After years of keeping Discus I'm looking at getting a salt water aquarium.

I'm looking at getting an all in one system that has everything I need in one go, I was looking at:

https://krakencorals.co.uk/red-sea-reefer-peninsula-g2-350-complete-system.html
My main question is, I'm use to doing massive water changes with my discus, what's the general rule with water changes on a Marine Tank? The tank won't be over stocked but I would like corals etc
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com
 
Do it do it do it! As said above, most people if things are going well do 10-20% changes every 1-2 weeks. You will see people that do not do them at all but I think that is a minority (not saying it is right or wrong though)
 
Welcome to R2R! I don't think you will ever get a consensus on water changes but I think that 10%/week is the most often recommended.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new