Looking to add a refugium with limited space

  • Thread starter Thread starter adam.1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adam.1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
cape coral
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my old eshopps sump has a huge area after the filter sock. I really would like to do a refugium and I got thinking why can’t I use my eshopps hob skimmer and add a baffle? I lengthened the intake and return on the skimmer. I’d add a baffle between the sock and fuge. The skimmer would pull from the sock side and exhaust on the tefugium side. This would also help with movement in that side. First baffle would be 12” tall and then drop down to 8” @ the bubble trap. Does anyone see an issue with this? Seems to me I’m maximizing space. My only real concern would be the intake on the skimmer sucking up the sock

IMG_0307.jpeg IMG_0306.jpeg IMG_0308.jpeg IMG_0305.jpeg
 
Should work :) I would even leave out the filter sock If you don’t have an exceptionally dirty tank or high bioload. My skimmer is more efficient without the socks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new