Looking to build a tank...

tekcoR deR

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
Elk Grove California 95624
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was hoping someone would be kind enough to answer some questions and double check my dimensions.
I was going to ask a local shop for 3/8 plate glass panels cute to size
My current plan is to silicone the sides around the bottom plate, the dimensions i wrote up are:
Bottom- 35 2/8" L x 23 2/8" W
Front&Back- 36" L x 16" H
Sides- 23 3/8" L x 16" H

Do these align for you guys? Do I Need to leave room for silicone? Should the bottom be thicker than the sides? Can I get away keeping it rimless? Does it seem like I am missing anything?
 
Picture of some rock I got that pushed me to this build and the footprint of the bottom. Decided to put the sides on top of the bottom.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 96
my dad did most the work but I helped put the sides up . I think it looks awesome, hopefully things hold up. Costed me a fraction of a new tank
 

Attachments

  • 441C86BF-E555-46BF-BD89-A5C87E67150A.jpeg
    441C86BF-E555-46BF-BD89-A5C87E67150A.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 57

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new