Looking to get a nano- what's your opinion?

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! After going without a tank for awhile now, I'm wanting to get a nano... Been having withdrawls watching the R2R Facebook page. lol! I would like to hear your opinions on what you feel is a good size and do you prefer an "all-inclusive" tank or a nano that you need a sump, light, pump etc? All opinions welcome! Budget is a factor so keep that in mind. Thanks!

Sfgiants55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 30 gallon rimless from jbj and it is an awesome tank for the price! The pumps are strong and quiet as well!

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget is a factor for me. I have a standard 29 gallon display. I like the extra height over a 20 long with the same footprint. I used a 15 gallon long for my sump with a filter sick and a reef octopus.

I've seen some shallow tanks that are beautiful but I'm a fan of tall rock structures with a lot of real estate for corals.

OP
OP
mallorieGgator

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Chris! I really like that tank. Is it easy to clean? I read people were having issues with the plumbing in the back blowing apart. Have you had that problem? Also, what light are you using?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, honestly, I don't clean it.... I scrape the glass and top it off about once a week. I cut the back compartment out, no need for it, plus it gives about 3" more width and that helps a lot for aqua scapeing. I use a Reefbreeders value LED over it.

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • D/C

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Both

• Not Sure

Back