Looking to purchase a Nano! Need your help R2R!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that MACNA is over, I am getting closer to being able to purchase my new nano!! Yay! Anyways, I would love to hear some of your suggestions on styles and makes, and would love to see some pics of your nanos! Right now, I'm leaning toward a zero edge!?! Not totally fixed on that as of yet! I'm also considering this to be cold water!

What are some of your suggestions?

IntDboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero Edge would be real nice. I would also check into ELos Mini or maybe even a Solana. Or maybe get a rimless AIO made to your specs. You might be able to ask Troylee how he would go about making one of these. I dont think he sells them but from his threads he does killer work. I think his ideas might be vey helpful.

Coldwater tank would be cool but IMO it would maybe limit you on what you can stock the tank with. PLus you wouldnt be able to snatch a few things out of your Revs tank:tongue:

Good luck with what ever you do

OP
OP
revsgirl

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for your advice! I will definitely check it out! I know that doing a cold water may be a little more difficult I am not completely sure yet. I just thought it would be fun for David as well! Something new! Plus I love the anemones and starfish!!

inTank

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going cold water you probably want to stay away from the mass produced AIO "mold" of tanks. The zero edge at MACNA was very nice.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check with people who own zero-edge-style tanks. I'm told that the evaporation rate is quite high, requiring an ATO with decent capacity or constant manual topping off. The extra humidity in the house, particularly in your neck of the woods may not be welcome, either. I would look seriously at the Marineland cubes. SaraB's 40-45-gal cube is a very nice little box.
Gary

OP
OP
revsgirl

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going cold water you probably want to stay away from the mass produced AIO "mold" of tanks. The zero edge at MACNA was very nice.

Yes it was! I fell in love with that tank!

Check with people who own zero-edge-style tanks. I'm told that the evaporation rate is quite high, requiring an ATO with decent capacity or constant manual topping off. The extra humidity in the house, particularly in your neck of the woods may not be welcome, either. I would look seriously at the Marineland cubes. SaraB's 40-45-gal cube is a very nice little box.
Gary

Thanks, I'll check it out! I was actually on their site this morning looking at them! Don't know if you saw the Vitrea Nanos at MACNA, but those were pretty awesome as well!

Still debating the cold water, but you gave me a little push at MACNA! ;)

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you decide NOT to go coldwater:

I have a jbj 12 gallon nano..but if I had unlimited funds, I would get the HQI BIOcube with the refugium and everything built in...those are some nice tanks....You've already seen the pics of my nano!

Good luck.

OP
OP
revsgirl

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen those very nice!

Back