Lord Fraggin and Growing?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO what info do you guy have that would be helpfull for Fragging and growing Lords?

I have this that Ijust planly want bigger Faster
DSC01274.jpg

And theses 2 I would like to frag but everytime I do I lose realestate for New Polyps? Ya know you frag it down the side then it grow new little polys down that side it is going t obe forever before that regrow back up to the top so I end up wit h a ball of ACAN LORD?

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

This is what happens to a singel head or 2?
DSC01197.jpg

Anyone got any Ideas?

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont cut that first one bro!! Just feed the crap out of it and by the time you have 4 polyps I will be ready for mine.

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of feeding to help em grow fast. I hadn't subscribed to it before, but lately i've been feeding my acans and micros and they have been growing insanely fast!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My friend frags them, then he uses that putty from home depot to make an area that goes right up to the cut, then it's smoothed out even. So when it grows, it doesnt grow down, it grows flat across.

jafoca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so how often and what should you feed them?

I had been doing freeze dried cyclopeze every night and nothing seemd to have happened, they have grown just as much now with infrequent feedings.

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Mysis to each head along with Cyclopees flake and Krill regularly, and I just did that puddy thing Last night I was on one of Jendubs Blog!

Thanks Guys!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes sir!

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend frags them, then he uses that putty from home depot to make an area that goes right up to the cut, then it's smoothed out even. So when it grows, it doesnt grow down, it grows flat across.

your friend knows the tricks! :) up here we do the same thing...well my friends and I anyways...

I use some deltec two-part epoxy..and just as Rev said, use the putty to bring the edge of the frag right to the rock you're mounting it on...sorta like a smooth, gradual ramp....easy-peasie and works surprisingly well.

Zach.

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish that putty didn't make the skimmer go nutz. I would use it all the time for that purpose if it didn't...

You know I have had those stick for about 3 yrs and totaly forgot about how bad it does that and freaked out earlier when I went to check on the m the ER was going NUTS! LOL

I did use a whole stick, I think mine was made by two little fishes?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back