Lord Fraggin and Growing?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
Location
48446, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO what info do you guy have that would be helpfull for Fragging and growing Lords?

I have this that Ijust planly want bigger Faster
DSC01274.jpg


And theses 2 I would like to frag but everytime I do I lose realestate for New Polyps? Ya know you frag it down the side then it grow new little polys down that side it is going t obe forever before that regrow back up to the top so I end up wit h a ball of ACAN LORD?

DSC01267.jpg


DSC01269.jpg


This is what happens to a singel head or 2?
DSC01197.jpg


Anyone got any Ideas?
 
Lots of feeding to help em grow fast. I hadn't subscribed to it before, but lately i've been feeding my acans and micros and they have been growing insanely fast!
 
My friend frags them, then he uses that putty from home depot to make an area that goes right up to the cut, then it's smoothed out even. So when it grows, it doesnt grow down, it grows flat across.
 
so how often and what should you feed them?

I had been doing freeze dried cyclopeze every night and nothing seemd to have happened, they have grown just as much now with infrequent feedings.
 
I feed Mysis to each head along with Cyclopees flake and Krill regularly, and I just did that puddy thing Last night I was on one of Jendubs Blog!

Thanks Guys!
 
yes sir!
 
My friend frags them, then he uses that putty from home depot to make an area that goes right up to the cut, then it's smoothed out even. So when it grows, it doesnt grow down, it grows flat across.

your friend knows the tricks! :) up here we do the same thing...well my friends and I anyways...

I use some deltec two-part epoxy..and just as Rev said, use the putty to bring the edge of the frag right to the rock you're mounting it on...sorta like a smooth, gradual ramp....easy-peasie and works surprisingly well.

Zach.
 
I wish that putty didn't make the skimmer go nutz. I would use it all the time for that purpose if it didn't...

You know I have had those stick for about 3 yrs and totaly forgot about how bad it does that and freaked out earlier when I went to check on the m the ER was going NUTS! LOL

I did use a whole stick, I think mine was made by two little fishes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new