Losing gph on my closed loop UV!

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed 5 months ago, a closed loop uv where the intake and outake ar eboth in the display tank, and a vectra s2 running dry. Yesterday out of no where i start losing gph. I usually run stable 532-535. And now im at 517-520. Is that slime building inside the pump and the pipes reduced gph? Is that a concern? Its an apex flow meter

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ends up about half the original gph every 6 months or so.
It's usually crud and algae buildup. I ended up switching to putting the pump in an HOB filter and only pulling pre filtered water into the pump and it didn't make much difference if any.
All my lines are in the light and clear so there is definitely build up of algae that starts building up clogs.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ends up about half the original gph every 6 months or so.
It's usually crud and algae buildup. I ended up switching to putting the pump in an HOB filter and only pulling pre filtered water into the pump and it didn't make much difference if any.
All my lines are in the light and clear so there is definitely build up of algae that starts building up clogs.
When do i start to worry i put the system together few months ago but didnt start using it till 2 weeks ago

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back