Losing my copperband after 12 days

Animereefer85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought live blackworms which my copperband would eat just fine then he started to pick at frozen mysis and lrs reef frenzy i wld feed it while in my quarantine tank with 2 other small dwarf angels. I noticed yesterday after 10 days it stopped eating all together and just this morning i found it breathing rapidly nd laying upside down in the corner of my quarantine tank. Im pretty sure it wont make it through another day. Bt any advice would be helpful as i do want to be able to keep a butterfly in my Fowler tank one day and maybe I just didn't do my research right for this one. Maybe CBB aren't for me, are there any hardier butterflies i should look into instead?? Bt CBBs are so beautiful to me

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperbands sure are beautiful, but are also very delicate. Did you treat it with anything during quarantine? The rapid breathing at the end worries me as it can be a symptom of protozoan disease that your other fish are now exposed to (watch them closely for similar symptoms).

One side note - I only buy CBB that I am sure came from Australia. They hold up much better. In addition, CBB from Indonesia and the Philippines are sometimes collected with cyanide. This causes latent mortality in fish about 14 to 30 days after capture, often about the time they are added to the home aquarist's tank.

Jay

OP
OP
A

Animereefer85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperbands sure are beautiful, but are also very delicate. Did you treat it with anything during quarantine? The rapid breathing at the end worries me as it can be a symptom of protozoan disease that your other fish are now exposed to (watch them closely for similar symptoms).

One side note - I only buy CBB that I am sure came from Australia. They hold up much better. In addition, CBB from Indonesia and the Philippines are sometimes collected with cyanide. This causes latent mortality in fish about 14 to 30 days after capture, often about the time they are added to the home aquarist's tank.

Jay
I did treat the tank with copper power blue as as an icht prevention method

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back