Copperband question

Bobby14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have wanted a Copperband since I took up the hobby. I have never had luck. However, I have a cycled 75 gallon that is currently empty and ready to be stocked. My local fish store had a beautiful Copperband and he was eating PE Myses. I put a hold on him and went back three days to make sure he would eat (and he did!) I bought him and acclimated him to the 75 gallon (this will serve as his quarantine - lol). It has been four days and he is eating like a champ!!! I don't want to jinx anything, but I am feeling good.

So here is the question - how long should I let this guy be solo before introducing new fish to the tank. My goal is a pair of peaceful clowns, one firefish, and a long nose yellow butterfly. Not sure what else to add (and I am opening to suggestions).

When would you start introducing new fish? THANK YOU!

Attachments

• IMG_0278.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 28

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello! I have wanted a Copperband since I took up the hobby. I have never had luck. However, I have a cycled 75 gallon that is currently empty and ready to be stocked. My local fish store had a beautiful Copperband and he was eating PE Myses. I put a hold on him and went back three days to make sure he would eat (and he did!) I bought him and acclimated him to the 75 gallon (this will serve as his quarantine - lol). It has been four days and he is eating like a champ!!! I don't want to jinx anything, but I am feeling good.

So here is the question - how long should I let this guy be solo before introducing new fish to the tank. My goal is a pair of peaceful clowns, one firefish, and a long nose yellow butterfly. Not sure what else to add (and I am opening to suggestions).

When would you start introducing new fish? THANK YOU!
You can add a fish as soon as next week but assure its compatible and disease free. Looks at skin, breathing rate, eating and how it interacts with other fish in store display.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your CBB is on the thin side. He will get fat quick enough if he is eating well. You can add him in. It is great that he will be the first fish in the tank.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all the same fish minus the firefish. I would fatten it up for a good month or two personally but I am always conservative in my reefing.also don’t be surprised if either of those butterflies show lympho symptoms at some point but it will clear quick with good diet

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back