Losing skin from top down

dcsaquarium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2013
Messages
338
Reaction score
1
Location
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got what the lfs told me was a Pavona malvincis along with other SPS corals. However this coral I think I put it too close to the direct flow of the power head and I started noticing tissue loss on the very top of the coral so I moved it away from power head but it is continuing to lose tissue even though I moved it. It is going from the top down and has slowly been working it's way down over about two weeks. Any suggestions?
 
What's your alkalinity reading?sounds like could be alkalinity burn to me, Btw this is David from in2deep;)
 
I would frag the bad parts off if you can and try to save the rest of the coral because it could be tissue necrosis as well.
 
According to my alkalinity test it's at 9 but I guess the test could be wrong. I need to get some different tests. I have been slowly rotating out of API.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new