lost 20 psi with new cartage

thesoulpatch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO i installed all new sediment, carbons, di, and membrane and i went from 80psi to 60psi with the booster and went from like 50ish to 20 psi without the booster.

I have checked all lines and moved everything around reseated seals, reinserted the membrane and cant figure out what happened.

also this thing hasn't moved or been changed in over 2 years, and I got it from Marine Depot to show you the age of it....

THoughts?
 
Also now when i turn it to flush the membrane and shut off water supply the entire thing drains? Then refills once water is turned back and repeat.

it's never done this either?
 
Did you change/move any of the tubing? Did you accidentally mess with your flow restrictor?

Is your flush valve open?

Did you change the capacity of your membrane?
 
Did you change/move any of the tubing? Did you accidentally mess with your flow restrictor?

Is your flush valve open?

Did you change the capacity of your membrane?
All i did was open the housings and replace everything.

The membrane is the same one I've bought before from BRS.

When the valve is open its at like 10psi when it's closed it goes to 60. Before it was 10-2- then 75-85.

Also this is with a booster pump btw
 
Last edited:
All wrappers and no strainer that I know of?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new