Lost a Ocellaris clown today

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my larger Ocellaris clown name Lucy jump out of the tank this morning. Just got a call that she was outside the tank. It sucks, she was only 4 months old and I just ordered a kit to make a screen top for the tank... Never thought she was a jumper. Now I have a smaller black/white Ocellaris by himself. Suggestions / advise on timing to get another Ocellaris and getting him/her acclimated to tank and and other fish fine?

Fluval Evo 13.5gal
One Ocellaris now :(
Sharknose Goby
Orchid Dottyback

Thanks.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss :( I woke up this morning as well and found my clown on the floor as well. 5 years no issues... One side was partially dry... he/she is in isolation hopefully be nursed back to health I hope.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dog saved the fish... I wouldn't have noticed it if he hadn't drawn my attention to it. I hate lids on tanks but now I'm questioning putting one on. It's sort of endearing and sad... the other clown won't leave the side of the injured one.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my larger Ocellaris clown name Lucy jump out of the tank this morning. Just got a call that she was outside the tank. It sucks, she was only 4 months old and I just ordered a kit to make a screen top for the tank... Never thought she was a jumper. Now I have a smaller black/white Ocellaris by himself. Suggestions / advise on timing to get another Ocellaris and getting him/her acclimated to tank and and other fish fine?

Fluval Evo 13.5gal
Sharknose Goby
Orchid Dottyback

Thanks.

Sorry for the loss :( When my clown died a while back I waited a bit, but wish I hadn't. The survivor started acting really weird and was very reclusive. Once I added the new one (black snowflake), he/she finally came around and became more active in the tank. Took about a week or so for the change.

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fluval Evo 13.5gal
Sharknose Goby
Orchid Dottyback

Thanks.

same thing happens twice my Waterbox cube, but they only jumped into the all in one section

OP
OP
S

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advise. Will check out my LFS - I dont want to get another to replace Lucy, but want to react quickly to make sure my other Ocellaris is ok too. I could get a temp screen on there until my kit comes in. Maybe if I could get one that wants to go to my BTA, that would be cool!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advise. Will check out my LFS - I dont want to get another to replace Lucy, but want to react quickly to make sure my other Ocellaris is ok too. I could get a temp screen on there until my kit comes in. Maybe if I could get one that wants to go to my BTA, that would be cool!

Yeah, a quick egg crate and some screen material would do in a pinch until you can get a proper one in place. Not pretty, but it works lol

Elyta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fluval Evo 13.5gal
Sharknose Goby
Orchid Dottyback

Thanks.
Sorry, my cats have advised me several times of fish jumping out of the tank, I have the lids on all the time, they find whatever small hole to jump out. I have lost a couple when at work, this was in freshwater aquarium. I’m kindda new with saltwater.

OP
OP
S

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as some of you said, I wanted to get a mate for Linus. My LFS had a really nice snowflake Ocellaris so he is my new pet. Here's a photo...name TBD but he's happy, swimming and eating. About the same size as Linus too. He's even taking Linus on walks around the tank that Lucy wouldn't let him visit! I'll try and persuade the new fish to the Bubble Tipped Anemone
IMG_5975.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back