Lost all my shrimp. Help!

Phlipper

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
62
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I got an infestation of flat worms, been trying to get rid of them but Then my nitrates we’re getting high. I lost both my blood shrimp and then I started doing water changes every 5 days or so. My nitrates have been next to zero but then my peppermint shrimp just died too. I’ve been increasing my Calc to about 400( was 340), my ph is right around 8, ammonia 0 What Would have killed my last shrimp? Oh and I added a melanaris wrasse to hopefully help clean up the flat worms, are they aggressive?
 
I have heard wrasse eat or bother shrimps, I could be wrong but I got a six line and I don’t want my cleaner shrimp lol. Also, shrimps are sensitive for any sudden changes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new