Lost anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter dloberry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dloberry

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Messages
180
Reaction score
223
Location
Moses Lake
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I lost my Sherman Bubble Tip anemone tonight. Found a spot where I thought it “melted,” nope that was something else, gone now though. Instead when I was doing some other work in the tank I found the anemone in my overflow. I have a an all in one and it was in the first chamber behind my fleece roller. Not sure how it got there considering I have a tight lid with no exposed space around the back chamber. I know it is small but did not figure it would get in the overflow. It is now back in main tank and seems happy. Anyone ever experienced this?
IMG_1675.jpeg
 
Yes anemones can fit through very small crevaces and holes.
You might be able to find a nem guard for your overflow grates if you experience that again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new