Lost anenome

fishy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I have a 20 gallon saltwater tank that has no fish in right now but some corals and bottom feeders. I have a condy anenome in the tank that started to look like he wasn’t doing too well. My water parameters were not so good at the time so I did a few water changes over some time and got the tank in a healthier place. Over the next few days the anenome looked pretty bad but wasn’t getting worse so I thought he was going to start improving. But then a little over a week ago he was shrunken up but still alive when I went to bed and when I woke up he was gone. I couldn’t find him anywhere so I gave him time to come out from hiding. But now too much time has passed and I don’t know what to do. I guess he died but my water parameters have not had a negative jump and I’ve been watching ammonia as well. Any ideas as to what happened? And why I never found the body? Should I search my sandbed for it?

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I have a 20 gallon saltwater tank that has no fish in right now but some corals and bottom feeders. I have a condy anenome in the tank that started to look like he wasn’t doing too well. My water parameters were not so good at the time so I did a few water changes over some time and got the tank in a healthier place. Over the next few days the anenome looked pretty bad but wasn’t getting worse so I thought he was going to start improving. But then a little over a week ago he was shrunken up but still alive when I went to bed and when I woke up he was gone. I couldn’t find him anywhere so I gave him time to come out from hiding. But now too much time has passed and I don’t know what to do. I guess he died but my water parameters have not had a negative jump and I’ve been watching ammonia as well. Any ideas as to what happened? And why I never found the body? Should I search my sandbed for it?
I had a nem went missing for 2 weeks under rocks hiding. And I’ve heard of people had them missing for up to a month . Just my experience it is hard to figure them out sometimes (weird things)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back