OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah don’t get that. My LFS has the vastly superior meleagrides ;) and they’re eating. Just come up here.
I should lol, maybe you should come down here though first….(and bring it over to me cough cough*);)

You know what else I saw? A lubbocki! Indo variant too! Very sunken belly though, maybe next time!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told me it was a female but I think it’s a male yes…I’ll let @i cant think determine!
Definitely a male - The green colouring is what gives it away. I find the barring is just a plus side to finding out if they’re transitional or terminal males :)

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little guy is out and about already!
1687100866027.jpeg

1687100890489.jpeg

1687100927310.jpeg

He has already killed one snail, and tried to eat Frank the zombie snail…lol. Frank got away though. He isn’t afraid of me it seems for now, go up to the tank and he doesn’t faze, doesn’t like the phone though. TSA said it was hand fed, so we’ll see how that goes. I’ll try to get better pics later.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a melanurus, let alone a male one. How hard will it be to add other wrasses?
That is the question! I never thought of getting a melanurus, but now that I do have one and it’s a male, I now have a potential issue. I’m definitely using the acclamation box of all wrasse I add now, the mirror trick might work but it probably will stress him out too much. Idk I’ll have to see. @SaltyT any ideas?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the question! I never thought of getting a melanurus, but now that I do have one and it’s a male, I now have a potential issue. I’m definitely using the acclamation box of all wrasse I add now, the mirror trick might work but it probably will stress him out too much. Idk I’ll have to see. @SaltyT any ideas?
With a small male I wouldn't worry much. Except maybe with other halichoeres.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine was already male colored but still "transitioning" when I got him. Based on his face alone I'm guessing he's still in transition almost 6 months later.

All that to say, when I added my H. Leucoxanthus about 2 or 3 months ago there were 0 issues between the two but the Leucoxanthus is almost positive a female for now.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a small male I wouldn't worry much. Except maybe with other halichoeres.
Right. I expect with the Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus a darting and flaring approach, with the Anampses and Macropharyngodons some light or heavy checking out, but with other Halichoeres, well there may be more than just passive checking out and telling off

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your mel is still transitioning so he may or may not give new wrasse additions much grief, but using an acclimation box is always wise when you have a mel. I've never gotten the mirror trick to work with wrasses, they seem to be too savvy to be tricked by it for more than a few minutes.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to me this looks weird and like not something that would look natural
1682619463094.png

I need a throw up emoji lol
I’ve always been afraid that sooner or later saltwater fishes and corals would be more like goldfish and other crossbred freshwater fishes. To me anyway the wild types of any fish beat any line bred fish any day. Especially in the reef tank.

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Pro's prices have gotten ridiculous. They must think their fish poop diamonds at those prices. Insane.
Which is why I’ll likely never buy from an online vendor.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with WWC prices I think you'll need to find yourself a generous loan....

I do love WWC. So many incredible display tanks!
1 head of that torch was 300 they told me :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you will always be my "intern" little buddy dont be mad at me....plus you have a phenomenal tank your more active on here then me mr 5000 and as far as im concerned a stand out guy so just remember "in n out" buddies for life no questions asked....hope all is well and that you keep on reefin on brotha been awhile since i seen an update....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back