Lost my clown today

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lost my 12 year old female clown today. Assuming she died of old age since I know I have no parasites and water is good and she was eating. I could tell she was starting to go when she stopped hanging out with the male and would end up in weird spots. Poor thing has went through a lot like a tank leak that killed almost all my fish, 4? Parasite outbreaks, 5 tank moves and the worst one me learning the hobby.
Every day when I got home from work she'd be hanging out in the front waiting for me to stick my hand in where she would lay in the palm of my hand and eat pellets. Or bite me and make me bleed when she had eggs. RIP fishy

On that note what do you guys do with your fish that you've had longer than a dog? Do you just do the burial at sea (toilet) or actually bury them?

Snapchat-1812119986.jpg

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for your loss. I also have a clown that is going on well over a decade now. I dread the day that he's no longer around, and do get anxious whenever he is hanging out behind the rockwork, nowhere to be seen.

For me it depends on the fish. Small ones I do just flush. My red bellied piranha of 16 years, I actually buried in the garden. My Common Pleco of 17 years currently resides in my freezer as an undead guardian. (actually at some point I want to preserve his armor).

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lost my 12 year old female clown today. Assuming she died of old age since I know I have no parasites and water is good and she was eating. I could tell she was starting to go when she stopped hanging out with the male and would end up in weird spots. Poor thing has went through a lot like a tank leak that killed almost all my fish, 4? Parasite outbreaks, 5 tank moves and the worst one me learning the hobby.
Every day when I got home from work she'd be hanging out in the front waiting for me to stick my hand in where she would lay in the palm of my hand and eat pellets. Or bite me and make me bleed when she had eggs. RIP fishy

On that note what do you guys do with your fish that you've had longer than a dog? Do you just do the burial at sea (toilet) or actually bury them?

Snapchat-1812119986.jpg
Miss You Dogs GIF by giphystudios2021

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The non fish people at my work today did the typical "it's just a fish." Yes to you non fish tank people it's just a fish. some of these "fish" last longer than your dogs.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back