Lost my foxface....

Scorchx1245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my foxface for 3 years now and im doing a blackout to fight dinos....as I'm watching TV I hear a loud splash and almost a thud. I remove the towels blocking the light and hes on his side motionless just slight twitching in the tank. I watch him for about 2 mins and then tried to move water through his gills. He just went limp with a big scratch on his head. I tried for 10 mins and he had passed. What could of spooked him? Anything I can do to prevent this in the future?

Mooses

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I am sorry for you loss. Sounds like it was just a one off type of event, especially since you’ve had him for 3 years. Probably got snuck up on in the dark & didn‘t react well. Best of luck going forward!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my foxface for 3 years now and im doing a blackout to fight dinos....as I'm watching TV I hear a loud splash and almost a thud. I remove the towels blocking the light and hes on his side motionless just slight twitching in the tank. I watch him for about 2 mins and then tried to move water through his gills. He just went limp with a big scratch on his head. I tried for 10 mins and he had passed. What could of spooked him? Anything I can do to prevent this in the future?
Impossible to say. No exterior stimuli since tank is covered. Maybe a bully fish?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back