Lost my Hawkins.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
1,158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I lost my small Hawkins acropora.
Hair algae has been getting bad . So I checked the nutrients .3 phosphate and 25 ish ppm nitrates. So I did a 15% water change , tuned in the skimmer to skim more wet, and added a small amount of lanthanum chloride. ( small amount ) I didn’t get carried away or nothing. And it went stn . Sucks because it was my favorite acropora. Color sucks on the others now to . The main reason for the algae problem is . My melanurus wrasse has been eating the CUC . He’s beautiful but he’s got to go . Catching him dang . Here’s before and after . Rats

IMG_0197.jpeg image.jpg
 
I have done this.

Go slowly with future changes especially when you are experiencing great growth and high nutrients. Slow and steady.

Bummer.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new