Low fish better numbers?

Chris_sasser11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I keep few amount of fish in a 120 gallon volume( tank and sumop) will that help keep my numbers where they need to them where I want them to be?

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that depends on what you want your numbers to be. I'm assuming your "numbers" are nutrient levels and not # of fish?

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it depends on what you are trying to do with the tank. if it is fish only than possibly just depends on the type of fish and maintenance you do. Reef tank the more fish the more poop the more corl food.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends on what kind of fish you want to keep, how many and the corals you want.

You can artificially adjust nutrients by dosing them to achieve desirable numbers, without any fish. Many people just keep corals with no fish this way.

I keep just five fish in my 125 at the moment, 180 gallons total volume. Biggest is my tomini tang.

OP
OP
Chris_sasser11

Chris_sasser11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks everyone. I just want paired clownfish, 1 wrasse, and kole eye Tang, goby for my sand bed and blenny for algae. Nothing to much. Trying to come up with best group of Fish to help maintain tank as well as far as pest and unwanted algae goes.

Back