Low Nutrients

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blitzie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Blitzie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
453
Reaction score
224
Location
Wallingford Ct.
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do lots of reading and lately I have seen several posts were people are saying you nutrients are too low and you corals are starving. I am just curious as to what people consider low nutrients?
 
It really depends on what species of corals. Sps corals like low nutrient water and lps like slightly higher nutrient levels. The reason most of us keep nutrients low is to prevent nuisance algaes.
 
Most don't feed enough when they have to low of nutrients in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new