Low phosphate & nitrate!

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So little background history for my tank its 6 months old. I struggled so much keeping my nutrients up that 1.5 months ago. I had nitrate, and phosphate both at 0. Because i didnt catch it on time dinos took all over my tank, and corals. And i lost some corals as a result so i started dosing neophos and neo nitro. I did that for few weeks. But my corals at this time they were super ticked because of instability. So i stopped dosing, and my tank kinda took off on its own. I was getting 10 nitrate, and 0.06 phosphate without any dosing. Dinos was solved completely. And cyano stopped extending, and its retracting as well. But tonight i decided to test my tank nitrate, and phosphate. And the results worried me. I got 1.0 nitrate, and 0.02 phosphate. So i dosed 2 full caps of neo nitro. Im worried at this point as i dont know why i cant keep my nutrients up. My tank is mixed reef. And literally lately till i got my tank happy. And i dont want to lose them again
How should i do it? I havent done a water change in 3 weeks, and i was gonna do one next week to replenish the nutrients as corals consuming it. My tank is 36 gallons display, and 18 gallons sump. No refugim, no skimmer (i have one its off) no socks on my sump, so theres bunch of food, and crap and still struggling to keep everything up. Can someone recommend how much should i dose? And when? My tank water volume is 51 gallons.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back