Low range tests

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy assuming your familiar with my triton test thread, Are there any low range copper / zinc test kits or perhaps any water testing facilities I could use? Other than Triton since I'm only really interested in those 2 tests for now, to sample several things.

I have no problem sending my new ro mixed salt water to triton but they aren't testing until jan 19 which is a problem for me.

I also have a bit of an idea. I feed blackworms daily, and keep a large vat of them with it's own sump. I maintain them with non ro water. I'm wondering if the worms could be absorbing zinc and or copper from that water. I'd rather not send my freshwater worm water to triton though.

I've tested everything with seachem copper and api copper test which all shows nothing. Even my reef although triton says it is there.

Wondering about what the conversion would be from their results to the ppm that standard hobby tests read.
 
No kits go low enough, but if you have money to burn you can try www.enclabs.com. :D

1 ug/l is about 0.001 ppm
 
Last edited:
No kits go low enough, but if you have money to burn you can try www.enclabs.com. :D

1 ug/l is about 0.001 ppm



Yeah......um......ahhhhh..... Im thinking to stick with Triton for the yearly check up. Thanks anyway enc.

....but if I had the extra money, you know we all would.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new