lower light sps?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am wondering if there are any higher end lower light sps. I have quite a few spots that are lower in my my rock work that I would like to fill with some nice sps frags. I have been looking at some of the higher end pieces but seems that all require strong light. Any suggestions?
thanks
jeff

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lower and higher are relative... How low are we talking here?

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes I suppose you are right. I had a piece of ultimate rainbow at this level and it was pink in color but not getting the different colors it should have. I have diy led lighting and would guess it to be somewhere between 250 watt and 400 watt halides. I have been thinking of adding some reef raft pieces but dont think they would do well towards the bottom of the tank thus my questing of any high end stuff that doesnt need blasted with light.
thanks
Jeff

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're really pushing out light levels between 250w-400w metal halides, you should be able to keep just about anything as much as 24" below the surface. I wouldn't let ultimate rainbow coloration be the indication of anything, it's a weird finicky coral.

arnel0387

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
borrow a par meter and find our exactly what you're getting on those areas. Check your local forum or your LFS, you'll find one eventually.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back