Lower Phosphate Plan

  • Thread starter Thread starter tuscani
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tuscani

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Location
MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, my current PO4 is 0.22. I am looking to lower that. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 G2+ System (54 Gal Display, 11 Gal Sump). I am running RowaPhos in the Reefmat 250 media basket but it has not done much. Before I try any liquid additive I was thinking of maybe trying a GFO reactor. I do not have a lot of room in sump so thinking maybe BRS Mini Reactor - 5" Single with Sicce Syncra 1.5 Pump. Thoughts?
 
I would use phosguard to get it where you want it and then switch to rowa to keep it there.
 
Hey all, my current PO4 is 0.22. I am looking to lower that. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 G2+ System (54 Gal Display, 11 Gal Sump). I am running RowaPhos in the Reefmat 250 media basket but it has not done much. Before I try any liquid additive I was thinking of maybe trying a GFO reactor. I do not have a lot of room in sump so thinking maybe BRS Mini Reactor - 5" Single with Sicce Syncra 1.5 Pump. Thoughts?
I wouldn't stress too much if your tank is doing fine at PO4 .22.
 
Ok.. Tank is fine overall. So I will not stress or chase numbers then :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new