LPS and invert food

  • Thread starter Thread starter betareef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

betareef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
543
Reaction score
540
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately I have been trying a new way (for me at least) to feed my acans and inverts (hermits, nassarius snails, small gobies). I have some top quality flake food, which I crush thoroughly into very small pieces and mix into the water. The tiny pieces float all around the tank and get grabbed by the coral and swallowed. I suspect the leathers also are getting a bit.

The nassarius snails pop up out of the sand and go on the hunt, and the hermits all get excited and scurry around feeding. The gobies also enjoy the food of course.

Seems like a good general purpose way of feeding without having to buy specialist (expensive) coral and invert food.
 
If you introduce a small amount of the slurry and then wait 20 minutes to add the remaining food you might see a more robust feeding response by the corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new