LPS and Peppermint Shrimp

shollenberger

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
6
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have issues with peppermint shrimp picking/eating LPS coral. Specially torch, hammer, and acans? I have other LPS and SPS that are thriving.
 
The peps I have in my lps tank seem to be leaving the torch, hammer and frogspawn alone.
I just wish they would go after the aiptasias.
 
Same here they will reach in and rip food out of the mouth of LPS but I've never had them eat or damage coral. Skunk cleaners were the worst because they're out during the day and my peppermint are mostly nocturnal. I stopped keeping shrimp with LPS like acrophylia, cynarina etc
 
I had one attack a frogspawn in quite a dramatic way within 5 minutes of putting him in tank. I dispatched him. Got a second one from same reputable source that was perfect and rid tank of aiptasia. Love him. Eats fish food now.

So...it depends on the individual in my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new