LPS coral id help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kjkszpj9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kjkszpj9

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2022
Messages
482
Reaction score
245
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this coral for free from the place im currently semi working at, can anyone tell me what lps it is? There are a few ive looked up online but i cant really pinpoint which one exactly.
20240314_113823.jpg
 
It may be Acanthastrea echinata, or some sort of chalice. The leftmost polyp looks more like echinata though.
 
Hard to tell from the picture. I agree that either a chalice or an echinata. Both can be aggressive Coral and both like lower flow. Echinata like low light. Some chalices prefer med light but do okay in low light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new