LPS coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lui1521
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lui1521

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
313
Reaction score
135
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to know the common name of this coral. I’m planning on fragging it and giving a part of it to a friend for free

5120B487-949D-470A-9BE1-FBB9CB340983.png
 
I don’t think its a war favia. I’ve attached a better quality picture.
B7EAFA7C-25AE-4CE2-8BD6-F38CDDA98309.jpeg
 
I don’t think its a war favia. I’ve attached a better quality picture.
B7EAFA7C-25AE-4CE2-8BD6-F38CDDA98309.jpeg
War corals are favites, that’s a favia. I believe it’s Australian in origin. I have one just like it. Nice piece.
 
Not sure if this helps.

https://reefnation.com/shop/war-favia/

Similar but might not be the same. But yours is definitely a favia.
Yea that’s mislabeled. Favia’s have separate walls per mouth, favites have one big shared wall for the whole colony. At least to my knowledge. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
 
Yea that’s mislabeled. Favia’s have separate walls per mouth, favites have one big shared wall for the whole colony. At least to my knowledge. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
You’re right. I’ve got a Christmas favia. Green walls and red mouths. The exact opposite of yours.
 
Teal eye Ultra Favia
 
I think you guys are right and it’s a kind of favites

F2775709-8965-4435-B5E1-2CB76DBC6673.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new