Lps Coral ID

boblaz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral are these. I got them about 9 months ago and they were tiny but I liked them and the price was right. 15 bucks! The lfs told me they were acans. Now I’m almost certain they’re not. They have grown a bit but I can’t seem to identify them. Any help or opinions please! Thanks

7159EEB2-C874-4753-ACAD-E0112773B0B2.jpeg 5DC638EF-24F9-4B0D-9C31-307A677CAB99.jpeg
 
Top one looks like some sort of coral in the family merulinidae. Maybe dipsastraea? Bottom also looks like a merulinid. Some people are saying it looks like a candy cane, but it looks like a dipsastraea to me. It could be an an astraeosmilia maxima, as that species used to be in the dipsastraea genus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new