LPS Heavy Nano Stocking Questions

natattack

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2023
Messages
43
Reaction score
41
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted some advice on my LPS heavy 16 gallon tank and whether my setup looks okay for the species I have selected.

Equipment:
-AI Prime 16HD
-Seachem Tidal 55 HOB
-Eheim Jäger 100W
-Tunze Osmolator ATO

It is currently cycling and I am excited to start my journey

Here is my new stocking plan (let me know if this looks solid):
Invertebrates/Fish:Coral:
1x Pistol ShrimpFrogspawn/Euphilia
1x Blue Porcelain CrabDuncan Coral
6x Nassarius SnailsCandy Cane Coral
2x Cerith SnailsVarious Zoanthids
1x Red Emerald Crab2-3x Rock Flower Anemone
1x Orange Spotted Shrimp GobyFavia

My questions are about flow, dosing, and the lack of a protein skimmer

The HOB produces 250 gph flow which seems good, but maybe for LPS I would need to supplement with something like the Nero 3.

I also was curious about some of the better foods and supplements to broadcast into the tank for the stony corals. Would I need to dose kalk in this setup?

Finally, do I need a protein skimmer for this bioload? I am willing to remove the shrimp goby pair if this seems like too much.

I also appreciate any and all general advice.

Thanks!
 
bio load totally fine, no skimmer necessary.

I find the Nero3 nice but unnecessary for my nano. It also breaks every other week, lol

Note you don't need to feed corals. Feeding corals should be done occasionally, right before a water change, and only because YOU want to. I use a microscopic amount of reef roids for this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new