LPS ID

Alexopora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2018
Messages
883
Reaction score
769
Location
Malaysia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, was wondering if anyone can id what lps coral this is. I bought it just purely out of liking its look and the seller sold it as a generic “open brain”. Its been with me for two months. Its a little less inflated then it usually is as the lights were already out for a few hours since its night here.

DBC8FA1A-E58D-4FFC-AB0B-9C47589DAA3F.jpeg
 
I’m leaning more towards Trachyphyllia because of the radiating ridges/lines
 
Just thought I’d share how it is doing. Its pretty much lost most of its outer ring greens but its extremely fluffy.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4454.jpeg
    IMG_4454.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 62
I'd say definitely no to lobo per flesh texture, also leaning away from A. Pachysepta as they have a more bubbly tissue. I'd say trachyphyllia is a possibility/likely. Honestly when I first saw it, it reminded me of certain aussie scolys
Screenshot_20231217_033147_Samsung Internet.jpg

But I don't think that's it. @encrustingacro?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new