LPS SPOTLIGHT: Lobophyllia

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Lobophyllia is one of many Brain corals offered in our wonderful hobby. Starting to make a come back, these corals are showing up in an array of colors and shapes that really have every aquarist wanting one. I would love to hear from you guys what makes the coral flourish in your aquarium. Feel free to comment and post as many pics as you wish, because we all know there is always time for eye candy :).

LIGHTING: Moderate

TEMPERAMENT: Semi-Aggressive

WATERFLOW: Medium

CARE LEVEL: Easy

DIET: Although not required, they do benefit from target feeding meaty food "Brine shrimp, Krill, etc.."

Image via Unique Corals
UC4inch-aussie-bicolor-lobo-128.JPG

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my first lobo not to long ago. It's on the sand bed of the tank and seams to like it there. It seams that it would eat every day if I feed it that much. I will feed every couple of days. These are awesome corals and deff will be getting more!

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my first lobo not to long ago. It's on the sand bed of the tank and seams to like it there. It seams that it would eat every day if I feed it that much. I will feed every couple of days. These are awesome corals and deff will be getting more!
That's awesome, how about some pics lol

rinckemd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these couple for a year or so. They sit on the sand, and I feed them a mix of chopped up rod's food, oyster eggs and mysis a couple times a week. They are one of my favorites!

image.jpg

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these couple for a year or so. They sit on the sand, and I feed them a mix of chopped up rod's food, oyster eggs and mysis a couple times a week. They are one of my favorites!

image.jpg
Wow those are awesome!

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on now I Know theres more people with Lobo's out there, lets see those pics!

Tyler Caviness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got three.
The one on the right is my favorite. I got several corals when I bought a biocube that was my first foray into reef keeping. The guy I got it all from was keeping it under just the biocube fluorescent white light (actinic was burned out) and had no powerhead in the tank. When I got it it was a really dull pink color. I got it under a Kessil a150, and now an a360we and I'm really pleased with how it colored up. It doesn't really come through in the pics, but there are flashes of green on some of the rims.

IMG_6486.JPG

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back