***LRO Fall Into Savings Flash Sale!! Sunday, Sept 10! Corals up to 80% OFF!!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have room in your reef for any of these?
_58A9008.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg
Uhh what's that first one? I wants

Nameless Ghoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted, yet scared I don't wanna buy something I'd probably kill lol.
Thanks for the info
I haven't kept any alveopora. The last time I kept any goniopora was 12 years ago when we were getting less than stellar specimens for keeping in a tank. From what I understand, alveopora are more forgiving than gonis and gonis are supposedly easier to keep now than they used to be. I say give it a try if the price is right.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't kept any alveopora. The last time I kept any goniopora was 12 years ago when we were getting less than stellar specimens for keeping in a tank. From what I understand, alveopora are more forgiving than gonis and gonis are supposedly easier to keep now than they used to be. I say give it a try if the price is right.
What type of flow and light is needed for these? The last bernardpora I put in there got bleached sitting at sand level :<

Nameless Ghoul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of flow and light is needed for these? The last bernardpora I put in there got bleached sitting at sand level :<
Lighting I would say on the lower side of medium. And flow I think also medium to medium-high. If you've got a bit of a shadowy space, might be worth starting them there. Or if your lights have an acclimation setting, use that. They can probably be conditioned to higher light if you take your time.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I asked in the thread for the last sale, did you ever draw winners for the gift cards?
I completelyyyyyy forgot!!!!! I need to get that posted, I have all the entries just havent gotten around to actually doing the drawing yet.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ann, can you give me an ID on this specimen please. It was a mystery box from last sale.
TIA

Attachments

• 20230907_165944.jpg
    20230907_165944.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey Ann, can you give me an ID on this specimen please. It was a mystery box from last sale.
TIA
Thats WWC Stellaria Chalice, Super cool piece and very bright! With that being said you are the winner of todays giveaway!! You get a freebie rock flower with your order! Please pm me your first and last name so I know which box to add your freebie to!

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What’s the difference between Alveopora and barnardpora? Is one easier than the other?
Alveopora will get more fluffy and longer tentacles like a traditional long tentacle goni, they are pretty easy to care for imo, they like low to med light and flow.

Bernardpora is a short tentacle goni, essentially, they like to encrust and dont really get longer tentacles unless it is their sweeper tentacles. Once settled in they are quite hardy but they can be a bit more on the aggressive side. They can tolerate a little higher flow and light than alveo

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back